Tulips are my favourite flower. For a few reasons:
1. They’re simple and not fussy.
2. They come in all kinds of colours, including multicolour ones.
3. You can only get them for a few months each year, which makes them special.
4. They’re not expensive.
5. I like how the Dutch have been sending 100,000 tulips to Canada every year since 1945, to say thank you for sheltering Princess Juliana for 3 years during WWII.
6. I like how at first, the tulips stand up straight and are all linear, but after a few days, the stems start to bend, and they go in all different directions. Very architectural.
It was my birthday last week, and Ian and my friends bought me some tulips. Look at how gorgeous these are!