Hey all you small business owners and aspiring bloggers – I’m teaching a WordPress Workshop on April 28 that you may be interested in. You’ll learn how to build your own website in a day using WordPress. It’s for absolute beginners – no website or design skills needed. Here are the details – I’d love to have you join me!
Website in a Day (aka WordPress for Beginners)
Saturday April 28,2012
10am – 4pm
720 Bathurst Street, Toronto
$129.00 per person
delicious catered lunch included
Learn how to build a website using WordPress – the popular blog and website publishing platform. Whether you’re trying to set up a simple website for your small business, a personal blog, or perhaps you use WordPress at work and would like to learn more, this workshop is for you. You’ll learn how to install, customize, and maintain WordPress on your own website.
We will cover:
- the difference between WordPress.com and hosting WordPress on your site
- how to install WordPress
- selecting and installing a WordPress theme
- building webpages and your site’s menu bar
- adding a blog to your website
- plugins and widgets – how to customize WordPress
- a few lines of code that are handy to know
Bring your laptop, your enthusiasm, and appetite (delicious catered lunch is included!), and by the end of the day, you’ll have built your own website from start to finish.
The workshop is limited to a small group, so there will be lots of time for questions and one-on-one support.
The not-so-fine print:
- Workshop registration is non-refundable, however, your ticket is transferable to a friend or colleague if you can’t make the event at the last minute.
- You must bring your own laptop and power cord – computers are not provided.